Maharaja Palace

The 110-year-old Chettinad Palace is an outstanding example of Chettinad architecture. Kanadukathan, Tamil Nadu 630103, India.

Chettinad Palace — It was designed by Dr Annamali Chettiyar with European influence in its architecture.
 

Ripon Building

Ripon Building is the seat of the Chennai Corporation (Madras Corporation) in Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu. This is a fine example of Indo-Saracenic style of architecture, a combination of three types of architectural styles - Gothic, Ionic and Corinthian. The Ripon Building is white in colour and is located near the Central station in Chennai. Commissioned in 1913, it was built by Loganatha Mudaliar. The Building took four years to build at a cost of 750,000 Rupees.

Museum Chennai

Government Museum, established in 1851, is located in Egmore, Chennai. Known as the Madras Museum, the museum is the second oldest museum in India, the first being the Indian Museum at Kolkata, started in 1814. It is also one of the largest museums in South Asia.[citation needed] It is particularly rich in archaeological and numismatic collections. It has the largest collection of Roman antiquities outside Europe. Many of the buildings within the Museum campus are over 100 years old. Among them, the colossal Museum Theatre is one of the most impressive.

Rock Cut Temple

Varaha Cave Temple, an example of Indian rock-cut architecture dating from the late 7th century, is a rock-cut cave temple located at Mamallapuram, is a finest testimonial of anciest Vishwakarma Sthapathis, a tiny village south of Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Part of the Group of Monuments at Mahabalipuram, the temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Valluvar Kottam

Valluvar Kottam (Tamil: வள்ளுவர் கோட்டம்) is a modern landmark in Chennai, India which is dedicated to the classical Tamil poet, philosopher and saint Thiruvalluvar. Valluvar Kottam is located at the intersection of the Kodambakkam High road and the Village road. Valluvar Kottam now stands at the point which was the deepest point of a lake which was located in the area. The monument was constructed in 1976 in the memory of Thiruvalluvar, who wrote his famous Thirukkural about 2,000 years before.